Saturday, August 16, 2008

the single life

The single life (with the kids with dad in OH) treated me well as I slept in a bit this morning then had a late breakfast and put up some fliers around the base housing. Unfortunately that was the end as I returned to find that I locked myself out of the house :-(. I do that every time Jeff leaves!! After cleaning up a bit outside the nice man came to let me in ;-). The rest of the day I did some of my to-do list and talked to the kids and jeff on the phone as they proceeded to the "grandma's" houses. It's definitely quieter here and I've had a lot less social contact without trips to the park or school bus stop!!

The kids spent about 5 hours with my parents which included a short b-day celebration for my dad, showing off thier swimming prowess (Jeff caught Charlie off the diving board with no life jacket!!), and playing at the park. Now they've made it to the other grandma's house and are awaiting their uncle Jeremy and new aunt.

No comments: