Monday, August 25, 2008

baby, baby, baby





Wow a whole week since I last posted--and I was doing so well ;-). The kids and Jeff made it back from Ohio and they had a great trip! Heather madei t through the week of school and Charlie got the chance to see his classroom and meet his teacher. Over the weekend we cleaned out the shed and started making groupings of storage types, long term, azores "quick", azores rest, to mom's, with us...keep out for baby...I think my list of desired piles is approaching double digits (uh oh!!). We did some good work in that area but have a long way to go with what we could get done before the baby comes--which could be sooner than expected...

My given due date was Sept. 29 (jeff's b-day) however I think the doctor was a week off what I thought it should be based on cycles...Today at "35 weeks" the uterus was measuring 38 weeks, while the baby was 7 lbs 5 oz projected by the ultrasound. The baby is head down and is out of the way of the umbilical cord for now. The doctor said that if I went into labor they wouldn't stop me but that he didn't expect that to happen this week. He also said that the size, etc. doesn't mean maturity has been reached but that definitely if I make it to 39 weeks we should be talking about inducing (Assuming my body continues to dilate--already at 2 cm, and efface--already 50% appropriately). I get to go back next week for another apt and "update".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sara - I didn't realize you were so far along. Time flies! I hope you are feeling good and enjoying your time. --Melissa

Anonymous said...

Yay Baby! Hope Mom is ready to go!

Lynn said...

Wow!! Do you have a name for the baby?? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics Looking good, Sara (and Heather and Charlie and Jeff)!