Monday, August 18, 2008

fun in OH and MS

From the reports I get the kids are having fun, and getting little sleep, in OH with jeff's family. They got to spend time with their "new" aunt Ashley who kindly fixed Heather's hair and go down to their cousin's birthday party which reportedly was "really fun"! They always seem to get along well with their cousins despite seeing them only for a short time a few times a year. I remember really enjoying seing my cousins as a kid so I'm glad they get to have fun while together.

Meanwhile back at the homefront I'm trying to get some things done to prep for upcoming events, consignment sale, baby, sending stuff to OH when mom comes down...nothing that will be really noticed when the crew gets back but I'm slowly crossing stuff off my list. Yesterday afternoon my friend, who was insistant that some "girl time" be had while the family was away, took me out for desert and some shopping--which is quite limited in MS. We tried to hit a few discount stores but with minimal luck with openness and quality ;-). I of course managed to buy some thins and we enjoyed desert as well. It was so nice of her to do that and while it was fun it was a bit sad b/c I won't have that many more chances between baby/packing/moving to do that kind of thing with friends here...

No comments: