Tuesday, October 21, 2008

soccer and smiles

Heather had her first soccer game of the season and it seemed to go really well. Heather had a good time running after the ball and kicked it a few times. Most of the kids got the idea and aside from a few kicking the ball the wrong way it was a pretty good "game". Charlie enjoyed running around the baseball field with his friend during the game and Cameron is not much of a soccer fan as he slept through it!

I thought Cameron gave me a smile yesterday amidst his crying. Unfortunately I'm not the kind of mom that knows exactly what is going on with the kids so I don't automatically assign their first word to a random sound at 9 months or proclaim them potty trained too early! I will say when he gets his smile in gear (if it isn't already) it is very cute and his dimples just make me laugh.

Tonight is my "single mom" night. Jeff took the car to get shipped off to the Azores and will be gone overnight. After soccer cameron continued to sleep which allowed me to get the other two showers, a snack, and a movie--treat to all of us!!--while I put away dishes and one load of laundry. Cameron slept right up until storytime where he nursed and fell back asleep. For the moment it's almost 9 pm and 3 kids are sleeping--what am I doing?!

No comments: