Saturday, October 11, 2008

it's the great pumpkin charlie hughes!!







Today we went out to a pumpkin patch to find the great pumpkin and take some seasonal pics! As you can see the kids picked out their halloween outfits and we dressed cameron for the occasion. It's not a huge field of pumpkins but is perfect for the kids to run through and look for the best ones. They enjoyed climbing on them, sitting on them, rolling them around and calling "dad I found a good one". We settled on two big ones and three smaller ones to bring home with us along with a hay bale and two tiny "ornamental" ones. Jeff and hte kids set up a nice little display in the yard and used the gourds that volunteered in our yard as well.

A few funny notes on the week that I missed out on sharing...heather had her first soccer practice with her dad as coach. Both did well and had a good time. Heather's team has 9 kids, 5 girls and 4 boys and if they actually kept score in the games I don't think it would be pretty after seeing that the team that practiced after them looks about a head taller on average! The kids all were very excited and eager to do what the coaches told them. I think they'll all have fun. Charlie starts on Thursday with his "soccer" program.

Heather had a few good comments that I will share...she asked me last week if I would get skinnier--I asked her if I needed to be skinnier and she said, "no but I remember before you had Cameron your belly wasn't so big." Today she pulled out, hey mom why is your bottom so big? I bit my tongue before telling her that someday hers would be big too and just said I didn't know--did it look big? Between those and a friends daughter asking me when I was pregnant why my legs were so fat (boy was her mom embarrassed!) I should have some good motivation to get back in shape--instead I think I'll go get some ice cream while Jeff reads the kids books and Cameron snoozes for a few minutes...Heather and Charlie were playing a game tonight and Heather said that she wasn't "fixin" to play that card. I'm sure that I have NEVER said "fixin" and none of my friends to either so I'm guessing this is a result of MS schools...

Finally a few Azores comments that were kind of sad. Charlie has asked if a few of his friends would be at his birthday party...when we would be coming back to MS to see Ariana and Mirabelle and Tyler and Delanie...and that we wouldn't be able to walk back to Ohio because we would have to swim and that he and cameron couldn't swim that far yet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkin patch pictures!! Looks like the kids had a blast!! Cameron is already looking bigger...so cute!!
Helen

Anonymous said...

Karl says "fixin" ...

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! So cute! We miss you guys...