Monday, October 20, 2008

five weeks and crying

Cameron discovered his lungs in the last week or so. He's been a lot crankier in the evenings and when he's not falling asleep easily. We started a pacifier and he's not sure about it--especially for me. He seems to have some stomach issues as he is puking a LOT once every other day but not anything at other times...i guess we'll figure it out. On a brighter note Jeff's mom was here for 5 days and the kids had a lot of fun with her. We didn't do anything really special but she got to go to soccer practices, the pumkin patch, and school among other things.

Charlie liked his first soccer on Thursday. He initially freaked out but once I helped him with the stations he was into it and did really well. He practiced dribbling, throw ins, kicking and stopping the ball. he was willing to share and take turns well. Heather and Jeff had practice as well but I missed out on most of it due to Charlie's practice.

We had a conference with Heather's teacher on Friday and of course she said wonderful things about Heather and showed us paper after paper of 100% except for the "spelling" which was a 66% (she takes after her mom) OK it's not that bad there were only 3 words and the one she missed she probably mis-heard the end of the word because the first two letters were right and the third was wrong but did make a word. She also said that Heather was often one of the first to get the treasure box every week (meaning she was one of the best behaved...) which I commented to Jeff--how many parents are one of the two she calls first every week? Jeff asked Heather later who was first to pick treasure box last week and she said that it was her...They are doing more than I realized in school and I'm not as unhappy as I was previously about what she was getting out of school.

I enjoyed a baby shower on Saturday--haven't seen a "diaper cake" in a long time so I decided to go that route--of course the hostess had made one that looked like a diaper castle (really a cake but a REALLY good one) and made mine look like a diaper shack. Oh well--they still take care of the same XXXX. Sunday we met up with some friends to carve pumpkins and make scarecrows which was really fun on a beautiful afternoon.

One good reason to get out of MS is the accent my daughter has picked up. It is just getting more and more southern every day and it's really driving me crazy! I try to show her how she sounds but she doesn't get it. Not ony is she "fixin" to do things she's fixin to do them in a southern slangy way. You have to hear it to understand...

2 comments:

Jenny Brooks said...

indeed, both diaper cakes will accomplish the same task! :) Thank you thank you! I realized today, that I have no possession of wipies anymore, and that i need to add them to my grocery list. Tear! Anyway, I put together the favors tonight, so I haven't lost my mind yet. :) see you at school!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the Mississippi accent!