Saturday, September 6, 2008

school, sick, and shower

Yesterday I got the chance to go to school with Heather fora few hours which was really neat. Her teacher and her aid are really nice and definitely overworked as there are 30 kids in her class. The school is getting 1-2 new teachers to divide up the kidnergartens and it can't come soon enough for the teachers! The kids were doing worksheet/station time when I came in so I helped with that then went to lunch which was entertaining. The kids are actually pretty good but I still couldn't be a teacher!! I met Heathers friends Dixie and Sage--could she get more southern sounding names?! After lunch the kids did show and tell and it was fun to see how proud they were of their yellow car, rectangle picture, or item that started with G!

I brought Heather home early since I was going to pick her up early and she was just going to miss nap and getting ready for dismissal. She said that she didn't feel good on the way home. After making brownies for a friend's game night and kids movie night and setting dinner on teh table Heather decided it was time to demonstrate that she was really not feeling well and threw up :-) She then started to get frantic b/c we weren't going to be able to go to her friend's house. She continued to be lethargic all evening and couldn't keep anything down (TMI?). At 2:30 AM she proclaimed that she was glad we didn't go to her friends house and that "I didn't know I was going to throw up 5 times!!" She's spent the morning so far lying on the couch sipping water and juice slowly and so far so good. Charlie seems to have picked up a runny nose--perfect!!

On a more fun note a few of my friends are throwing a baby shower today which will be a nice change of pace from the sickness of the day--hopefully I'll be able to stay awake!!

1 comment:

Jenny Brooks said...

we missed you all last night, but it sounds like it was a good idea to rest up! Looking fwd to your shower today too. :)