Sunday, September 7, 2008

getting closer...

Yesterday got better as the day went along starting with a lot of resting and watching TV. Heather had a fever and just chilled on the couch. Charlie stated out with a lot of energy and then depleted as his poor nose got runnier and runnier. I think both will take it easy today but will be feeling better as they get food and tylenol to boost them up!

In addition to cartoons we watched Ohio University not get killed by Ohio State and without a few errors and big plays may have pulled out the game. They did great despite the ESPN highlights showing only OSU doing anything they were in the game until the 4th quarter (Winning even!!).

I got to escape for the afternoon to a baby shower that my friends had planned despite my lack of help in what we needed, who to invite...Amy's house was decorated with balloons tied to toys and she and Heather had so many tasty treats we couldn't eat it all (luckily for me she was sharing at the end and sent some home with me ;-) they had games--that did not make fun of how big I am or how baby food tastes or looks--and got us set up with the "essentials" so I don't have to do that last minutue shopping trip that I thought I was going to have to do. The company was great--it's so nice just to sit around with friends and not have to be interrupted with kids needs every minute. The group was fun and I really appreciate that they all took time out of a saturday afternoon to "celebrate" with me. It made me sad that we will be leaving soon and we'll all have to start over with friends again. I suppose I should just look at it as adding more friends to my "list" but I know I will really miss these girls and their families. After the shower "ended" we sat around and talked more which was really nice, I don't know when we would have left had her husband and family not come home...Thanks to all husbands who took care of kids as well as my GREAT friends who hosted an awesome afternoon.

I brought pizza home for dinner and we hung out for a bit, I was exhasted and Jeff told me to go to bed (I think it was before 9!) which I said, OK and did.

No comments: