Tuesday, April 29, 2008

spend time with family and friends

Jeff and I went to a memorial service on base for the two pilots who were killed last week here at the training base. It was very moving and both wives spoke eloquently about their husbands and what they would want for us to do as their legacy. It was a good (but very sad!!) reminder to appreciate what we have and live for each day, celebrating famiy and friends and religon (as one wife encouraged)because you never know what might happen or what is to come. The strength of the two women in the face of tragedy was amazing and I think I shed more tears than I saw them shed. So in light of the sadness here please remember that no one ever wished they spent more time working...

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Hi Sara - I'm so sorry for your community's loss. Thanks for the reminder about how precious life is.

Shawn