Monday, April 7, 2008

soccer part 3

At practice tonight it was just me and the kids. Heather started off by announcing that she did not want to play soccer any longer (had she played I might have accepted teh "any longer part) but I told her she had to go, had signed up, was part of the team...so off we went, to sit on the bench. We were the first ones there so Charlie and Heather shot a few on goal with me, then we retreated to the bench. She did stretch--standing by me and watched and listened. Together we ventured to mid-field to learn abot positions and spreading out andpassing. The coach did a good job but Heather was still not sold. While the other kids scrimmaged (actually it was more like a mass running to the ball at all times) Heather danced on the sidelines wanting to play, but not...she eventually did stand with both feet on the field of play and kind of leaned in the direction teh ball was going.I suppose that's progress. At the end of practice Heather proudly announced that "she was interested".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can find the video/picture of her aunt Kelly standing in her "spot" (re: hole she dug with her cleats) on the field I'm sure that would entice Heather to play.

Anonymous said...

You have a great memory christopher, you must have been what, maybe 1, when that happened!

I was just following my coach's instructions to stay in my spot!