Thursday, April 10, 2008

rough start...satisfactory end

Today at school...oh wait, Heather refused to get in the car with her ride to school this morning so in one brilliant moment I ruined my morning (really charlie's) by saying, "if you don't get in the car with your ride you won't be going to school." BRILLIANT to many kids this my be great but for her this was a disaster--she loves school. Still she refused to go with her ride so we all spent the morning doing not fun things...grocery store, cleaning rooms, laundry, dishes...by lunch we had agreed that next week she will go with her ride and i will pick her up at the end of the day...

I almost had a nervous breakdown at how my child won't do anything on her own--soccer, MOPS childcare room, dentist, ride in a car...anyway I was totally stressed out about all the changes that will be taking place, kindergarden, new baby, new house, new school and how she will deal with that if she can't handle the familiar...anyway my poor friend called me and had to deal with crying..it felt better just to get it out of my system but my poor friend!!

Soccer started out OK. Heather kind of stretched with her team, and mom, dad and Charlie...she wouldn't go out for practice and started out sitting on the bleachers on the other side of the fence from her team. My goal was to get her to sit with the team on the sidelines which she did on her own the middle of the second quarter. It took the whole second quarter for her to make it the 20 feet around the fence to where they were sitting, one painful step at a time, but she did it and gave me a big grin when she sat down with her teammates (neither of her friends were sitting there at the time which was kind of an accomplishment). When the coach actually wanted her to play at the beginning of the 4th quarter I thought we would have major meltdown which we almost did but she made it through without running to my side of the fence...She did shake hands at the end and was third in line for snacks at the end of the game. I don't think I mentioned that she wears #4 which is her uncle's number so maybe she gets the snack line thing from him...or maybe riding the bench (ooh low blow)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch...You must have forgotten all those awards hanging on my wall. I'll make sure to point them out to Heather when I see her next. But you're right, I never missed a post-game snack line.

Anonymous said...

Snack time is most certainly Jack's favorite part of soccer here too. ;)