Wednesday, April 2, 2008

big news in the works...

Bloggers get to read it here first...aside from family and a few friends..you get to be the first to hear...we should be going to the Azores in December, all 5 of us :-). So the other big news is we're adding another baby hughes to the family. I had my 13/14 (depending on if you go by my estimate or the doctors size estimate) week check up and everything looked good, heartbeat, size, feeling, etc. I feel much better sharing now and it has been hard to keep it under the radar when we really wanted to share the good news with everyone. We haven't really told the kids but haven't kept conversations quiet or tried to not talk about it when they're aroud. Heather drew a picture for my grandma that had the four of us and a baby in it so maybe she's picking up on things a bit. We'll probably tell them soon but I know the question will just be when, when, when...so i'm not sure we're ready to tell them yet.

On the Azores front it should be sometime in December that Jeff gets his start date and we will all go shortly after if not at the same time. The Azores is a chain of islands "off the coast" really a 3 hour plane ride to Portugal. We will live on an island that is about 11 x 14 miles wide and long and is a 4-5 hour plane ride to Baltimore, MD. It's not tropical and goes through a 3 month (min) really rainy period but othewise is supposed to be beautiful and despite not warm enough to swim have at least 1 beach to play on. We're excited and sad at the same time...

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Congratulations Sara!!! Best of luck in your pregnancy, I'll be thinking of you. Now that I have your blog address I can keep up to date with your family even when you REFUSE to stay in touch with me (but I promise not to stalk). Are you guys actually moving moving to the Azores? So much exciting stuff going on. Couldn't be happier for you --- Shawn

Jen said...

Congratulations, how exciting for you guys!!

Jen Gordon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.