Sunday, May 18, 2008

to ohio in 12 hours

The kids and I drove to Ohio today to "prep" for my sister's wedding and celebrate my birthday! Yesterday a friend and i got pedicures/spa foot treatment for the weddings that we'll be in and a self b-day present for each of us. It was fun--expensive for an hour at the end of which our feet felt slimy but looked good (of course I feel like they're rough as ever with nice pinkish toenails today!!). Afterwards we had lunch and then i packed away. Actually we then had our neighbors and a friend who was deploying over for a cookout--because I really had time for that ;-).

Today we left at 8:30, about an hour after i had hoped to leave. We had a really good trip and made GREAT time on teh way, arriving at around 7:30 (?) our time. The kids were good and I had just enough things to hand them to make it here. They actually only watched about 3 hours of movie on the dvd player. We spent some quality singing time which was fun ;-).

No comments: