Monday, September 14, 2009

toothie the tooth fairy



Last week at lunch I noticed that Heather's tooth didn't look quite right. Since she has been dying to lose a tooth like EVERYONE else I gently asked her if I could look in her mouth. She was soooo excited to find that her tooth was loose and spent the rest of the day telling everyone and talking about who else she would tell. She practiced eating apples and food that she thought would help until a bite hurt a little and she treated her prize a bit more gingerly. Yesterday at the Chinese restraunt she was quite bored and playing with her tooth with her tongue. I could tell it was VERY loose and just hoped that it wouldn't come out while we were eating. Sure enough mid-meal she says, my tooth came out and she's holding it in her hand. I guess she was just eating away and something felt different (luckily! What if she swallowed it!!). She was sooo excited and had trouble eating the rest of the meal. We wrapped it up in a napkin and enjoyed the rest of the day with heather smiling away. That night she wrote a note to the tooth fairy to tell her where the tooth was (a stuffed turtle she got at vacation bible school had a little pocket that was perfect--is that wrong to mix god and the tooth fairy?) and ask her for a picture so Heather could see what she looked like. This morning she got up and came in my room with a certificate that Toothie had left for her with a note saying that she could keep her first tooth and we were to find a special place for it, as well as one Euro (we are in Portugual) for her to keep. She is so excited and just wants to tell everyone!!
In addition to the tooth excitement yesterday we went to Angra and toured the muesum, gardens and took Grandma to the top of Mount Brasil. It turned out to be a beautiful day and the kids enjoyed playing at the park as well. We came home to a "browns bash" with friends and it turned into a vikings victory--good for this vikings fan!!

3 comments:

Sara's brother said...

A whole Euro?! Either inflation or the exchange rate is not working in my favor b/c I remember (back in my day) only getting a quarter or two :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm going to be bumming Heather for cash after she loses all of those teeth.

Jordan and Lexi said...

How exciting! And I can't believe the going rate for teeth these days either! :0)