Friday, November 21, 2008

mississippi to ohio

After a stressful last week in MS including an ER trip for Charlie, a Fifths disease diagnosis for Heather and a Sinus infection for Sara (why now?!) we set off in the car yesterday with my mom to drive to OH. To step back I did get to do a few fun things including a dinner out with friends, last lunches at McDonald's, and some last playdates for the kids. I don't know how we're going to get by without our MS friends--who were called on for pretty much everything including cleaning my microwave (ICK!!). The kids said good bye to their friends but didn't really get sad although they seemed to understand they wouldn't be at their house or playing with them anymore. I of course cried a lot--sometimes when I didn't expect it and not others when I thought I would saying good bye to a few of my closest friends. The week was filled with packing and moving piles from place to place. It was much more stressful then I thought it would be and took MUCH longer, pretty much down to the time we drove off to get everything done. I am happy that I got to do a few things with friends for the last time because I won't miss the things I packed in the wrong place but I would be really sad to not have had that last lunch, trip to wal-mart, or time with friends. A bright note to the leaving was the end of soccer which culminated in a game for the 3-5 year olds sooo cute and charlie stopped a goal!! and a few for Heather where she did pretty well and then the "banquet" of pizza and trophies. We left right after that so it was a good opportunity to say goodbye to a lot of people at one time. The kids were AMAZING in the car on the way to OH so I do have that to be thankful for :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings me to tears thinking about when I left your house in MS. I miss you guys. It snowed here last night for the first time- just a dusting though. Only 15 degrees and windy today. I am thinking of you and hope to talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

We are so sad that we were unable to see you off. Life has been crazy with T doing tons of cross-country flights. We will miss you all. Have so much fun in Ohio and the Azores.