Monday, November 24, 2008

five nights...five beds

When Jeff pointed out to me yesterday that we were headed to spend the night in the 5th different place in 5 days I couldn't beleive it! We went from a night in MS, TN, my mom's, his brother's and finally his mom's in 5 days!! I am so amazed that the kids aren't just falling apart and really have handled the chaos we are calling their life really well. It helped that they got to see grandparents, cousins, and a mouse called Chucky cheese along the way ;-). Of course even though we've left MS we're still relying on friends to do various things I forgot to do before we left, mail, bows...I just didn't want anyone to think we were really gone...It really feels like we're on vacation and when my friend who is getting our mail called today I almost said just to hang on to it until we get back. I saw things in stores that I was going to pick up to bring back to friends' kids...I'm not sure when it will sink in that we're not going back. I keep telling the kids to hang on to things so that we can have them when we get home--but I'm not even sure what I'm referring to as home. Such is the life of a military family I suppose.

No comments: