Tuesday, August 21, 2007

last week in Ohio

Well another week has gone by. The kids enjoyed a last few days with the Fulbright students, giving announcements, having a dinner in which the students sang and showed their gifts for speaking in front of others. It was a lot of fun and very sad to see them go although I'm ready for some time with the kids again. It shows me that I can't balance work and being the kind of mom I want to be--I commit more time to work than I want to...anyway...

Last weekend was fun. We did two birthday parties, one in Mt. Vernon for Heather's cousin Makenna. It was fun for Heather to be around two girls her age and Charlie two boys. The kids had fun together and there was lots of dancing, playing, and snacking on treats. We then came back to Athens to surprise my dad for his birthday with a baseball party. It was great! From the decorations to the "take me out to the ball game" rendition when he drove up from playing golf, the party was a home run. The kids even kept the secret the whole week after helping shop for decorations and party food.

The last few days we've done some final Fulbright stuff and are now getting ready to head back home. I will say it's been a great 3 months. Aside from Jeff being gone I couldn't have asked for a better summer. The weather has been great. Lots of visiting with family and friends and even a short job to let me make new friends and some money in the process. Now we'll be packing and cleaning and preparing for the trip back to MS to rejoin the friends who have suffered through the heat and I'm sure had some fun in the process.

No comments: