Tuesday, August 28, 2007

back home

To end the camping out story to my dismay (not really) Charlie decided after stories that he wanted to sleep in his bed in the house. We went inside and slept in the house. My mom and Heather braved the wild night and my sister crept in at 7 am to make Heather think she had also made it through the night. Good thing for Kelly, Heather can't read yet!! After that I spent the rest of the weekend packing for the trip back to MS. Kelly once again watched the kids while I did work. Maybe sometime I'll get to hang out with my sister again...

Saturday night we did hang out a bit. For those OU fans we went to a football "kick off" which started out with teh kids running through the mouth of the bobcat and scoring touchdowns with water bottles from the 5 yard line. If you would like to see their touchdown celebration video please let me know!

The trip back home was uneventful. We drove in two days and got back today. My mom (mostly) and I cleaned again to rid the house of as many spiders as possible. Many decided to make this their home while we weren't. Heather was thrilled to see her friend Tyler although it was difficult to remind her that some of her friends wouldn't be here when we got back. The kids were excited to see their toys and their stuff. I am kind of excited at the prospect of starting the fall with a clean house. Now if I just send my mom back to Ohio with all the stuff I still have to unpack maybe I could find some things around here!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Glad you arrived safely even amongst those pesky spiders! I'm sure MS would seem bleak going back there without you guys too! Check your email, I sent you some info. on our house....

Anonymous said...

Please send me a copy of the kids' TD dances!

Visiting you guys were the highlights of my summer!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I wish we'd been there to greet you! :( Glad you made it back safely. We miss you guys!!