Friday, August 24, 2007

Camping out

All summer long my mom has promised Heather that we would set up the tent and camp out in the back yard. Now the time is getting near that we leave Athens (probably Monday but not positive yet) and we set up the tent this afternoon. Camp Mick started out with a t-shirt making session where they pounded leaves onto white t-shirts to make leaf prints (actually quite cute). Then we set up the tent in my parents backyard. We made a campfire and had hot dogs and marshmellows for desert. Then we went on a hike up the hill and now my mom is taking books and flashlights out to the tent. I needed a breath of AC before heading out (did I mention that today has probably been the hottest day all summer?!) to "camp". I have a feeling it will just be me and the kids by the end of the night but that's OK. Updates on the mosiquito bite count tomorrow...

No comments: