Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween starts

The kids started halloween a few weeks ago when we got their costumes. Heather wanted to be a witch and Charlie a Power Ranger (i didn't think he even knew what they were but I guess he does!). We thought we would make Cameron a black cat and I set out sewing ears and a tail on a black sweatsuit but saw a cute tiger in the store and for $9 went for it. The kids have been matching (dora/diego; peter pan and hook; fire truck, man and dalmation) every other year but I just knew I coudln't do costumes this year with our limited resources on the island. I feel a little sad that they are all their own thing--but I guess it was bound to happen! Yesterday our friends had a Halloween party so the kids got to pin the nose on the pumpkin, do crafts, and the best--wear their costumes; which for most kids were off by 20 minutes into the party ;-). We then went to the fall festival at the youth center and the kids played a few games. It was really crowded and the kids were pretty tired by that point. Trick or treating tonight should be fun!

No comments: