Sunday, July 13, 2008

easy weekend-clean (er) house

Well we had big plans for the weekend including spray park, pool, and lots of fun but friday night (2:30 AM) Heather got sick and charlie woke up at the same time...with two calling for mom Jeff stepped in and handled the puker (he is soooo much better with that than I am--I'm likely to join the sick kid if I'm standing there trying to be comforting!!) and I got Charlie back to sleep. As a result we took it easy saturday, playing games and watching extra cartoons...Jeff cleaned the van and I worked on some of the house while the kids were relaxing. That afternoon Heather felt better so she and Charlie and Jeff played with the hose and in teh yard while Jeff cleaned out the Honda so we can sell it (sometime) soon. He also was so motivated to spray the whole outside of the house to try to counteract teh spiders which would like to be our new pets. After a movie the kids crashed and slept all night in their rooms--yes I realize that it should not be an accomplishment that at 5-3 they are doing that...

Today we worked on the kids rooms, well really Jeff and the kids worked on teh back while I bonded with laundry, dishes, sink, etc. The kids rooms are now pretty clean and they were very helpful with putting their stuff away and sorting through it. After naps and a grocery store run (me) we headed to the pool. Unfortunately our pool trips are getting shorter and shorter. This one ended when we got there and they blew the whistle for break before anyone could jump in. Five minutes later they cleared the adults out of the pool before clearing out the poop...then we were all told that it would be at least an hour before we could get in :-(. So our last 3 pool trips have probably totaled 15 minutes MAX in teh pool. It takes us almost twice that long to get ready to go...Back home the kids played in their pool and washed the car before coming in for dinner, a project from grandma's project box, "I remember grandma said whenever i'm bored I can just get a project out" piped out Heather...now Jeff's reading books and they're off to bed :-)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I keep hearing that kids poop in that pool often!! What's up?? Have people not heard of SWIM DIAPERS?? Yikes. :s

I hope Heather is back to feeling like herself!!!

Puke is my cryptonite!!!!