Sunday, May 24, 2009

happy birthday to me!

After a great mother's day I was happy to have a great birthday as well. Wanting to give me LOTS of time to celebrate Heather and Cameron got up at 6:30 ;-). After getting Heather off to school Cameron took a nice nap and charlie worked on a project which gave me an unexpected few minutes to myself. The boys and I headed in to Paria to get some tomato seeds and other garden necessities for our small flowerbed. Unfortunately Jeff had a lunch meeting so Charlie and I enjoyed lunch on our own. When Heather got home from school we opened presents "with my mom and dad" on skype which was fun. The kids also gave me their cards which had a patio set and wii fit inside (well OK just pictures). I had pre-planned dinner to let jeff off the hook and attended a spouse's dinner where I was suppsoed to win fabulous prizes but instead brought home a bath soap set--happy birthday to...Heather?! The kids called out good night and Jeff fixed the angel food cake (that he made) and raspberries, ice cream and whipped topping for desert--yeah!! I also got to celebrate Friday night with a "spa night" that the family services was putting on for spouse appreciation day...I got a foot spa, parafin wax for hands, 5 minute massage, head massage with a weird thing and a eyebrow wax. Since I had never done that it was interesting--probably not a repeater for me as I didn't really notice a difference... It was fun to spend time with just ladies--no kids--and be pampered a bit.

No comments: