Tuesday, July 13, 2010

easy mondays

The kids have settled into playing all over the place on nice sunny days. I usually keep up with everywhere they are but with cameron napping and trying to get a few things done today I lost track. So nice to live in a place where I can let them just go from house to house and run around the neighborhood without worrying that something will happen. The kids are really enjoying their last few weeks on the island. I got to go out with the girls for dinner last night to a restaurant right on the water looking over split rock. We got chicken in a tile and they use roof tiles (not used ones) to cook the food and it was really good! Cool presentation and a nice time with friends who I will really miss (and know that because of the friends that have already left that I miss ;-(). We had a bit of trouble finding the place and stopped along the way to ask a lady with a pot of beans if she could give us directions. She spoke enthusiastically in Portuguese and then got a guy driving a truck to give us directions...you just go this way and then left and it's right there down. Clear as mud--we found it with no problem and a lot of laughs!

No comments: