Saturday, August 15, 2009

a week of girls nights

Not really a whole week but a few nights! The kids and I mostly relaxed this week and enjoyed the company of friends. We had water day at a few houses, lots of park time and some bike riding as well. Heather and Charlie have been pretty content playing at home together (well asking for friends all the time but playing together) so I haven't felt the need to be on the go. Wednesday I hosted bunco--am trying to get a group started--and we had a good time. It made me miss the easy group we had in MS where everyone already knew everyone but it was really fun and we should be able to continue...Friday night I went out to dinner with a few girls in the CE squadron and left the dads to have pizza and movie night with the kids. We had a great time and I think the kids had some fun as well ;-). Yesterday I took all the kids to the pool myself and even ventured into the big pool. Cameron loves the water and crawled all around the little pool making me slide all around to make sure I was there to catch if he went in face first. He's still not too interested in walking, getting teeth, or eating anything besides biter biscuits, wagon wheels, or things that dissolve in his mouth but the other day I was holding him and he looked at Jeff, leaned his way and said da-da-da-da. I am not sure if it counts but it seemed like the real thing to me. He's crawling ALL around and getting into anything that's there to find. Unlike the other two he likes to put things in his mouth--yeah!
Heather and Charlie periodically ask things about Jeff being gone but it's not a big deal to them yet. They want to know if it's going to be as long as Mr. Andy was gone (longer), how many more days, and if he will be back for christmas (no). I think the real fun will start after he's been gone for 2 days and they ask how much longer...

No comments: